Sunday, August 18, 2013

Get Your Sammie On!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer. I know I'm dreading the fall and trying to milk every last ounce of summer out. I came across this recipe while reading one of my favorite blogs thugkitchen.com Warning! if you are easily offended by foul language this may not be the blog for you. 
The meal today: chickpea pesto sandwich
Now, I have overgrown basil plants all over my garden so I thought, what better way to get rid of it! Out I went to pick my basil!
Back to the kitchen to stuff it all into the ninja.
Ingredients:
1 1/4 torn, packed basil leaves
1/3 cup sliced almonds
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp water
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped

1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas ( or one 15 ounce can)
1 carrot

Put all ingredients for the pesto, that's everything but the last 2 in a food processor or blender and blend till smooth.
Mash up the chickpeas in a medium bowl some chunks are ok. Shred in the carrot then add the pesto mixture to your liking. Slap it all on some bread and you're ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment