Monday, July 8, 2013

We all scream for ice cream!

It's plain ol' hot outside and nothing says summertime like ice cream.  Ice cream is one of my favorite treats no matter what the weather, so when I came across the old ice cream maker circa 1990s in storage I decided it was time to put that old guy back into action. I researched quite a few recipes but for my first outing I wanted to keep it simple. I found one with only 4 ingredients and ran with it. I froze my ice cream container and went to bed with dreams of ice cream in my head.
Vegan Almond Milk Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 1/2 c almond milk
bananas not pictured
2 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp sugar
2 ripe bananas

Prep:
Whisk together the milk, sugar, cocoa. Once combined put into blender/food processor and add the bananas. Pulse till pureed. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and let it do its magic. Mine took about 15 min to set up.

I'm sure you could get 4 servings out of this recipe but if  you eat ice cream like I do it's more like 2! Have fun with it, you can add in nuts, berries, chunks of chocolate.
I already have my canister washed and in the freezer ready for the next batch! This will certainly not be the last time I make ice cream.
Hope you like it, Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment