Thursday, October 25, 2012

A fitbit love affair

Hello everyone! I would like to take a little time to tell you about my favorite fitness gadget, the fitbit!
I have the fitbit ultra and to say that I don't leave home without it would be an understatement. Since my purchase in July, one for me one for my mom I have come to love this little thing.
What does this thing do you ask? It's a pedometer, fancy word for step counter, altimeter, another fancy word for counting how many flights of stairs you climb. Calories burned and miles traveled are also tracked. What makes this little device so special, it tracks your sleep! It tells you how many times you woke up during the night and how long you actually slept. A feature that has helped me realize I am an amazing sleeper.
The website is amazing, with an easy to follow breakdown of all your stats. This is where to friend others with a fitbit and before you know it you are engaged in an all out step war with your friends. At least that is how it has worked out for me and my friends. Goal setting is also a huge part of the website, totally customizable to your lifestyle and available in every category that is tracked.
The applications that you can link to your fitbit are too numerous to mention , my favorites are myfitnesspal.com where you can track calories and activites and earndit.com a website that rewards you with points for being active that you can redeem for free items. There is also a digital scale that syncs with your account and keeps track of weight, BMI and body fat. Where can you buy this life changing tool you ask? Amazon and fitbit.com for you online shoppers. For those of you that want to go get one right now, Target, Best Buy, Sears and REI just to name a few.
This concludes the end of my non paid fitbit endorsement. It's a wonderful tool to help you get in your 10,000 steps a day, which is harder than I thought it would be.
My partner in fitness crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment